Saturday, September 5, 2015

It's All About the Green

My husband knows how much love I have for plants.
Ever since we moved to Florida I have always had plants in our home.
I have this thing of always buying seeds, planting them, tending to them, and watching them grow.
The hardest part was leaving them behind to die every time we went out of town.
I was never able to have them grow and produce fruit.
 
I've started up again and I am rockin' it.
My basils have been replanted and are growing beautifully.
My cilantro has started to produce some leaves.
My tomato plant is getting bigger.
My Brussels sprouts have just sprouted.
And my cucumber plants are enormous.
 
This time, I also did something I never thought I would do.
I bought some plants to decorate my home.
Shame on me.
I have never done that.
 
I am crazy for Ivies right now.
And don't even get me started on the fiddle leaf fig tree.
They're beautiful!
And I have found both at our local Wal-Mart for a great price too.
 
(Below is a glimpse of how my plants brighten up my home.)
 

 
 
I am going on 3 weeks with my fiddle leaf fig tree and she's growing beautifully.
She has grown 2 new leaves and I hope she continues to grow more.
So far this tree seems like it's so easy to care for.
I water every few days,
and when I clean it,
I use a cotton cloth with a plash of water and coconut oil.
(Organic and Unrefined to be exact)
If you look at the leaves from the photo right above,
you can see how bright,
vivid green,
and shiny the leaves are.
I'm not sure how often I'll be doing this,
but it's been about 2 weeks and they look great.

 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment