Monday, November 19, 2012

The Big Day (My C-Section)

I remember hearing the Dr. say the words I was not looking forward to, I had placenta previa. I was looking forward to having a natural birth, but that was no longer the case. I was 36 weeks pregnant at the time, Thursday was my appointment and by Monday I was was getting prepped for my scheduled C-Section. I was scared, anxious, and excited. All I could do was pray for a healthy baby and safe delivery.

In the end when all was said and done, I had a fast delivery. My BabyGirl was born healthy, I can still remember laying on the table, the Dr. told me they had taken her out. I layed there in silence praying to God "Please let her be healthy," but I didn't hear anything I was worried wondering if something was wrong. It was probably 5 second but it felt like forever, then out of no where I heard the most beautiful sound ever, she let out the loudest cry. All I could do was cry, cry at the most beautiful sound that I have ever heard. It was that moment that I knew my life would no longer be the same. My LittleLove had impacted my life in a tremendous way. To this day I can never say thank you enough to God, I feel like I am forever in debt for a gift so big that can never be re-payable.

  

Say hello to the newest member of my family.
Levia Caroline Luna
6lbs 7oz. 19.5 in.
4:16pm


After her birth, I didn't get to hold her. Having a C-Section did not allow me to enjoy the first bond every mother gets to enjoy after delivery. About 30 minutes passed by before I was finally transferred to my room. It was at that time that I finally got to hold her, kiss her, touch her, and simply enjoy her. Little did we know but our bonding time would be cut short again, she had a case of Jaundice and needed light therapy that lasted all night long. It was by far her worst night, she just cried and cried, it literally tore my heart apart. The nurses allowed me to hold her in which she immediately fell asleep in my arms allowing me to capture a few photos of her in her light session.



No comments:

Post a Comment